- Colocasia – 4 nos
- Shallots – 10 to 12 nos
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Garlic – 6 to 7 nos
- Ginger – 1 small
- Tomato – 1 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Tamarind – small ball size
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 or 3 tbsp
- First we have to scrape the skin and cut it into small pieces ,then wash and drain the colocasia ,set
- Take a heavy bottom mud pot add colocasia pieces ,turmeric powder,salt and water mix and cook
them well,set aside.
- Take a small bowl add tamarind and small amoun t of water squeeze them well and drain set aside.
- Now we have to crush green chilli, shallots ,garlic and ginger into separately and set a side .
- Heat oil in a pan add crushed shallots, green chilli, crush garlic and ginger ,saute them well.
- Add chopped tomato and saute them well till the tomatoes become soften .
- Then add some curry powders like red chilli powder and asafoetida powder .
- Add tamarind water and salt boil them well.
- Add cooked colocasia and mix and cook for 7 to 8 minutes .
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Again heat oil in a small pan add mustard seed ,let them crackled.
- Add dry red chilli and curry leaves mix and fry them well.
- Then pour the fried mixture into the colocasia curry pan and mix it well.