- Chicken – 2 kg
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Dry red chilli-4 or 5 nos
- Shallots-20 or 25 nos
- Coriander seed – 1 tbsp
- Garlic- 7 or 8 nos
- Ginger – 1 large
- Green chilli-6 or 7 nos
- Curry leaves- 3 or 4 sprig
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 tbsp
- Salt –to taste
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan add grated coconut ,dry red chilli, small amount of shallots and coriander
seed ,saute well till they turn golden brown and let it cool.
- Then we grind the roasted coconut paste into fine smooth paste and keep a side.
- Take a heavy bottom pan add cleaned chicken pieces ,shallots ,chopped ginger,garlic ,green
chilli, turmeric powder ,curry leaves ,enough water and cook well.
- When the chicken is half cooked ,add the grinded coconut paste in to the pan and mix well.
- Then we add the pepper powder ,mix well and cook for some minutes.
- Finally we add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and curry leaves mix well and turn off the flame.
- Serve and enjoy the taste of kerala style chicken curry with chappati