- Green chilli-1/2 kg
- Salt-2 tbsp
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Mustard seed-1 tbsp
- Ginger-2 or 3 medium
- Garlic-13 to 14 petals
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Turmeric powder-1 /4tbsp
- Chillipowder-1 tbsp
- Asafoetida -1/2 tsp
- Water -1/2 cup
- First we wash and remove the head of chillies.
- Then we take a pan add ½ cup of water ,salt and vinegar mix well.
- Then we add green chilli ,saute for some minutes till the colour changed,and keep a side
- Then we heat oil in a another pan add mustard seed, Once they start to splutter, reduce to a
- Add garlic ,ginger and curry leaves ,saute for some minutes .
- Again we add powders like turmeric powder ,chilli powder and asafoetida powder, mix and
saute for some minutes
- Then we add small amount of water and mix it well.
- Finally we add cooked green chilli in to the pan ,mix well and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve with meals
- Enjoy the taste of kerala style green chilli pickle.