- Green gram -2 cups
- Onion-2 (medium,cut)
- Garlic-7 to 8 nos
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Tomato-1 nos
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala-1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil-3 tbsp
- Water –for cooking
- First we rinse and clean the green gram
- Heat a heavy bottom mud pot add water and cleaned green gram ,cook till they become
- Drain excess water and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,when they become spluttered
- Add chopped onion, garlic, green chilli and salt mix well and Saute for some minutes
- Then we add some curry leaves and saute well till onions are lightly browned.
- Again we add curry powders like red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder,
garam masala ,mix well and saute for some minutes.
- Then we add chopped tomato, saute well till the tomato become soften.
- Now we add some water and ,stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally we add cooked green grama and some salt .stir well and cook for some minutes
- Turn off the flame ,and serve and enjoy the kerala style green gram curry with meals..