- Soya – 200gms.
- Onion – 3 nos.
- Shallots – 12 nos.
- Green chilies – 3 nos.
- Garlic – 5 nos.
- Ginger – big piece.
- Tomato – 2 nos.
- Fennel seed.
- Curry leaves
- Wash soya thoroughly and soak in hot water. Keep aside.
- Slice onion, ginger, shallots, green chilies, and tomato.
- Drain the soaked soya and squeeze out the water and cut to the desired size.
- Grind the fennel seed, cinnamon, pepper( garam masala mix).
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Saute in ginger, garlic, green chilies, onion, and season salt. When the onion caramelized add the thinly sliced tomato.
- Saute in chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and prepared garam masala. Add the soya and mix well. Add enough water and cover and cook. When cooked add in the curry leaves and remove from the flame.
- Kerala style soya chunks ready.
Leave a Reply