*Parwal/kovaykka – 1/2 kg.
*Coconut – 1 nos.
*Shallots – 1/4 kg.
*Curry leaves – 2 stems.
*Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon.
*Mustard seed – 1 teaspoon.
*Chili powder – 1 tablespoon.
*Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon.
*Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
*Salt – as required.
*Garam masala paste – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon.
*Water – as required.
1) Clean and cut parwal lengthwise.
2) Take coconut bites from half portion.
3) Clean shallots and cut them lengthwise.
4) Cut green chilies lengthwise.
5) Dry roast grated coconut with curry leaves and shallots.
6) Make a paste of the roasted coconut mix and garam masala.
7) Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard. Saute in little shallots, dried chiles, and coconut bites.
8) Saute in the remaining shallots, green chilies, curry leaves.
9) Once all in the pan is sauteed add in the parwal.
10) to it add in the chili powder, coriander powder.
11) Add in water and season it with salt and keep it to cook.
12) When the parwal is almost done add in the pastes prepared.
13) Cook till the gravy becomes thick.
Tasty parwal theeyal is ready.