- Tomato-3 nos
- Ginger-1 medium
- Garlic -6 or 7 petals
- Green chilli- 4 or 5 nos
- curry leaves- 2 sprig
- Coriander seed -1 tsp
- Tamarind –small pieces
- Dry red chilli-` 3or 5 nos
- Cumin seed-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seed -1/2 tsp
- Oil- 4 or tbsp
- First we take a pan and add a tsp of oil and roast coriander seeds, cumin seed,dry red chili
saute for some minutes, then crush to fine powder. keep side.
- Again we grind ginger garlic into fine paste. Keep a side.
- Take a another pan heat 2 or 3 tablespoons oil add ½ teaspoon mustard seed and start to
- Add ginger garlic paste,crushed powder like ( coriander seed ,cumin seed,,dry red chilli etc)
curry leaves , salt and tomato
- Then we add tamarind water ,small tsp of asafoetida powder and mix well
- Add coriander and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve simple kerala style tomato rasam with meals.
- Enjoy the taste of rasam
Leave a Reply