- Chicken – 1 kg
- Ash gourd – 1 medium
- Dry red chilli – 4 nos
- Shallots – 2 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Coriander seed – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tbsp
- Cloves- 3 nos
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- First we have to peel the ash gourd outer cover and set a side
- Heat oil in a pan add dry red chilli and roast it well and set a side.
- Then we use the same pan .add grated coconut, coriander seed and ginger ,saute for some minutes.
- Then add fennel seed, cloves ,cardamom and cinnamon saute well and set aside.
- First we grind the roasted dry red chilli ,then add sauted grated coconut mix into fine paste and set
- Heat a pan add fresh chicken pieces ,salt and turmeric powder saute well.
- Then we have to add grated coconut paste ,water and curry leaves mix well,then cover and cook for
9 to 10 minutes.
- Then we have to add ash gourd pieces and cook well.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,let crackled .
- Add shallots ,green chilli ,curry leaves and red chilli powder. Saute well
- Then add the frying mixture into the chicken curry pan and mix well.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty ash gourd chicken curry ..