- Beef – 1 kg
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Shallots – 20 to 26 nos
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Lemon juice – 1 full
- Ginger -1 big
- Garlic – 20 to 25 nos
- Red chilli powder – 11/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 small.
- Dry red chillies – 3 nos
- Salt – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Clean ,cut into small pieces and wash the beef ,set a side.
- Take a bowl add grated coconut and water mix them well,drain the thick coconut milk and set aside.
- Again we have to added water into the squeezed coconut and mix them well,drain the thin coconut
milk and keep a side.
- Then cruah the ginger and garlic ,set a side.
- Take a bowl add beef pieces ,salt,crush ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder mix them well.
- Again add some thin coconut milk , mix and cook till they beef become well cooked and softened .
- Then separated the cooked beef and masala gravy ,set aside.
- Take a bowl add cooked beef with red chilli powder,coriander powder,pepper powder and salt mix
them well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add shallots,green chilli,garam masala like fennel seed and cinnamon saute for 6 to
- Add dry red chilli ,crushed ginger garlic paste and curry leaves saute them well.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and saute till they become soften .
- Add cooked masala beef,lemon juice,pepper powder and drained masala gravy mix them well and
- Finally add thick coconut milk and cook on high flame until all the water content is well absorbed .
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the beef chukka with appam