- Chicken – 1 kg
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Garlic – 6 or 7 pods
- Green chilli -2 nos
- Dry red chilli-3 nos
- Onion – 3 nos
- Tomato-2 nos
- Curry leaves – 4 sprigs
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – ½ tbsp.
- Curd – 1 cup
- Mustard seed – 1tsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Salt –to taste
- Oil – for cooking
- First we clean and cut the chicken into medium size chicken.
- Then we crush the ginger and garlic ,and keep a side.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt ,red chilli powder, turmeric powder ,coriander
powder, garam masala ,fresh curd and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,when its starts to splutter add the cumin seed .
- Add dry red chilli, onion and saute for some minutes
- Again we add crushed ginger garlic paste ,green chilli and curry leaves saute for
- Then we add chopped tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes are soften .
- Now we add marinated chicken and salt ,mix it well
- Finally we add some water ,cover and cook till the chicken is ready.
- Remove from fire ,serve hot with rice or appam and enjoy..