- Wheat flour : 1kg
- Water as required
- Cardamon powder : 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seed :1 /4 tsp
- Banana leafs : as u like
- Grated Coconut : 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery : 1/2 cup
- Salt a pinch
- First we mix grated coconut and grated jaggery with your hands very well until well combined and soft.
- Then we start by adding wheat flour into a bowl along with cardamom powder , cumin seed powderand water. mould the mixture to form a
- Take a piece of banana leaf and place a lemon size dough in the centre of the leaf. Flatten it with finger and spread the filling on
it(coconut and jaggery mix).
- Place the stuffing on one side and fold the other half over it. Press lightly and repeat the process till all the dough and stuffing is used.
- Place the ella adas in a idly cooker and steam it for 10 minutes. Ela Ada is ready to serve it warm or after it cools down.