- Raw bananas -2
- Cow beans-1/2 cup
- Birds eye chilli-6 or 7nos
- Pearl onion -10 0r 12 nos
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds ( jeera )-1tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the cow beans. Take a pot and cook the cow beans with enough water , oil and salt
,cook well ,drain excess water and keep aside.
- Peel the skin of raw banana and chop into small pieces ,wash and drain it
- Crush together birds eye chilli ,turmeric ,cumin seed,garlic,pearl onion ,salt ,curry leaves,
grated coconut and set a side
- Heat oil in a pan . Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add pearl onion,and curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Then add the chopped banana and mix well
- Finally add cooked cow beans along with crushed coconut paste mixture and salt.
- Mix well and let this cook for some minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Remove from heat and serve