Kerala Style Chemmeen – Cabbage Recipe
- Unakka chemmeen / dried prawns, cleaned – 1/2 – 3/4 cup, rinsed well
- Cabbage – 1 medium, chopped (Makes about 2 cups)
- Shallots – 5 – 6, chopped
- Curry leaves – A few
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Grated coconut – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly -3nos
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Salt – To taste
- In a pan, add cleaned dried prawns and dry roast it for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Grind chilli, onion,garlic,curry leaves,grated coconut and turmeric together to a coarse mixture. Keep it
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add cabbage and ginger mixture and mix well.
- Then we add dried prawns and mix well. Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes on low flame till done.
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up…
- Remove from flame and serve with rice
Leave a Reply