Kerala Style Prawn Curry
- Prawns – 400 – 500 gm
- pearl onion-8 or9
- Ginger and garlic – 2 – 3 tsp each, finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 3 sprig
- Tomato – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Kudam puli / gamboge – 1 – 2 small or to taste(Soak them in enough water and tear into small pieces)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2 or 3,broken
- Green chilli-2or 3
- Coconut oil – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Wash and clean the prawns.
- Heat oil in a clay pot or a heavy-bottomed pan at medium heat. Splutter the mustards
- Add pearl onion, dry red chilli ,green chilli, salt and ginger-garlic paste, . Saute for a few minutes or until onion turns golden
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and saute until tomato turns mushy
- Next we add coconut masala paste and mix well
- Add kudam puli pieces and boil at medium heat and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the prawns. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the gravy is thick.
- Then we add few curry leaves,and turn off the fire.
- Serve with tapioca or rice etc….
- Enjoy the yummy meals…
Leave a Reply