- Tender Jack fruit /Idichakka : 1 small
- Garlic : 8pods
- Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Birds eye Chillies : 9or 10
- Small onion /Shallots : 4-5
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves : 1 sprig
- Coconut oil : 1 tbsp
- First we Cut the jackfruit in to small pieces and peel off the upper skin,
- Take a mud pot,and pour some oil in to the pot, cook the cleaned jackfruit with little water,
- Cover the mud pot in to a lid and cook covered in a pan till soft, when it is done remove from fire
- Then we crushed the cooked jack fruit.
- Grind the grated coconut , turmeric,chilli,garlic,cumin seed ,curry leaves and salt ,adding water little at
a time to make a coarse paste. Keep a aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan ,add splutter mustard seeds ,shallots and curry leaves.
- Now add the jackfruit and coconut mix and sauté them in medium heat.
- Cover and cook for some minutes in low flame, finally add fresh curry leaves and sauté for a minute,
adjust the salt and remove from the fire.
- Serve Idichakka Thoran Recipe along with meals