- Banana Stem –medium size
- Pearl onions ( finely chopped)-3 0r 4 nos
- Green Chillies -2 nos
- Curry leaves -2 sprig
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed-1/2 tsp
- Garlic 4 or 5 cloves
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut-1/4 cup
- Salt -to taste
- First we remove the outer cover of banana stem, Then slice them into round disks, remove
the fibre and discard them.
- Chopped finely and mix some amount of oil to avoid discolouration.
- Then we grinded the grated coconut ,green chilli,cumin seed, garlic and turmeric powder into
a fine paste
- Heat a pan with oil and add the mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds sputters, add pearl
onion and curry leaves, Saute until the onion turns golden brown.
- Now, add the banana stem and saute for some minutes
- And finally we add grinded coconut paste and salt to taste, mix well and cook covered in
medium flame for until the banana stem is cooked.
- Turn off the flame and it is ready to be served with meals
Leave a Reply