- Fish(cut into medium sized pieces, preferably sardine fish) – 1 kg
- Shallots(sliced, Kunjulli) – 5 to 6 nos
- garlic- 1 medium
- Green Pepper – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder- 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Malabar tamarind -2 or 3 nos
- Curry leaves(Few) –
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil(As reqd) –
- Salt(As reqd) –
- For preparing green pepper fish curry ,first we cut and clean the fish
- Then we crush the ginger ,garlic ,green pepper and shallots by separately.
- Again we grind the red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder into fine paste.
- Take a bowl add some water and Malabar tamarind and soak for some minutes
- Take a clay pot, marinate the fish pieces with tamarind ,salt ,crush ginger ,garlic, shallots,
and green pepper.
- Then we add the fine paste of red chilli ,coriander and turmeric powder, again add curryleaves
- and water , Keep the marinated fish for 10 minutes.
- Then we cook for some minutes, allow green pepper fish curry to boil
- Take a another pan add oil and shallots,saute for some minutes till the shallots turn golden
- Then we pour the sauted mixture into the green pepper fish curry,mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve the kerala style green pepper fish curry with meals
- Enjoy the meals.
Leave a Reply