- Basen (kadalamavu) – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 pinch
- Turmeric powder-1tbsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – 10 to 12
- Raisins – For decoration
- Oil – for frying
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- For preparing Laddu, take a wide mouth mixing bowl.
- Mix well basen flour , turmeric powder and baking powder. Add water
little at a time and make it into a good paste (like dosha batter)
- Heat oil in a pan. Pour batter through the perforated spoon , spread
the batter, so that very small pieces are dropped into the oil.
- Fry till its golden brown in colour in medium heat. Repeat it for the rest
of the batter.Then we crushed the fried ingredients,
- Then we crushed the cardamom seeds
- Fry the raisins in ghee .
- Make sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water in a pan and mix
well. Bring it to boil. Continue to boil till you get one string consistency
- Add crushed basen to the sugar syrup prepared. Then we add
cardamom powder and mix well
- Allow it to cool down to a temperature your hands can withstand. Make
it into even balls and put a raisin on the top.
- Make into even balls by pressing lightly with hand
- Spread and allow Kerala Laddu to cool.