*Shallots – 200gms.
*Green chilies – 3 nos.
*Coriander powder – 4 teaspoons.
*Chili powder – 4 teaspoons.
*Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
*Fennel – 1 teaspoon.
*Pepper – 3/4 teaspoon.
*Cinnamon – 2 pieces.
*Star anise – 1 no.
1) Clean and cut jackfruit rags and seed.
2) Cut the coconut to small pieces.
3) Chop shallots, green chilies.
4) Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard. Saute in coconut pieces. When coconut changes color, saute in shallots, green chilies, and curry leaves.
5) Saute in chili powder and coriander powder.
6) Saute in jackfruit rags and seed. Add turmeric powder, season with salt. Sprinkle water just enough to cook the rag and seed.
7) Powder fennel seed, star anise, cinnamon, pepper, and cardamom (garam masala mix). Add it to the above.
8) Press out coconut milk from the grated coconut. Mix the milk to the jackfruit rag and seed.
9) When it comes to a boil remove it from the flame.
Leave a Reply