* Red or yellow lentils – 1 kg.
*Shallots – 14 nos.
*Ginger – small piece.
*Garlic – 4 cloves.
1) Soak the lentil for 3 hours. Once it’s soft crush and keep aside.
2) Crush shallots, ginger, garlic, dried chilies ( 4 nos.), and curry leaves. Season with salt.
3) To the crushed lentil add curry leaves and dried chilies( 2 nos.). Mix the shallot mixture and enough salt.
4) Heat oil in a pan, then scoop up small balls of the mixture and using the palms of your hand roll and pat into small, quite thin patties. Fry the patties till crisp.
Tasty parippu vada is ready