- Chicken – 1kg
- Mustard seed – ½ tsp
- Dry red chilli – 3 or 4 nos
- Onion – 2 medium
- Pearl onion – 6 or 7
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Garlic 7 or 8 petals
- Green chilli-3 or 4
- Curry leaves-3 or 4 sprig
- Tomato 2 medium
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder-1 tsp
- Clove 2 or 3
- Cardamom -3 nos
- Fennel seed ½ tsp
- Dilute coconut milk – ½ cup
- Thick coconut milk -1/2 cup
- Salt –to taste
- Oil – 3 or 4 tbsp
- First we prepare garam masala (cardamom,cinnamon,cloves,fennel seed,)
grind well and keep it in a side.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds,dry red chilli
- Add pearl onion, onion, ginger ,garlic, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add tomato and salt to taste, Saute it till the onion and tomato becomes soft
- Then we add turmeric powder,garam masala paste ,coriander powder and
black pepper powder mix well and saute well
- Now add the chicken along with the diluted coconut milk.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins until the oil appears on top.
- Then we add thick coconut milk and mix well
- Turn off the flame and serve kerala chicken mappas with appam .
- Enjoy the taste ….
Leave a Reply