- Elephant foot yam –half piece
- Raw banana – 2 nos
- Black chickpea – ½ kg
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Firstly we have to peel elephant yam and raw banana , cut it into cube then wash and drain
- Again we have to wash black chickpea and set aside.
- Heat water in a pan add cleaned chickpea ,turmeric powder and salt ,cook them well and set aside.
- Then take a pan add water and chopped elephant yam ,cover and cook them well,set aside.
- Again we have take a pan add chopped raw banana with water ,cook them well,keep aside.
- Then we have to grind half cup of grated coconut and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add cooked raw banana, cooked black chickpea and elephant yam .
- Then add grinded coconut paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt mix them well and
cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seed, let them crackled .
- Add dry red chilli,curry leaves and half cup of grated coconut,mix and fry them well.
- Then pour the fried mixture into the cooked curry pan and mix them well.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty kerala style recipe with meals.