- Chicken – 1 kg
- Shallots – 8 to 9 nos
- Onion – 2 nos
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Garlic – 6 to 7 nos
- Coconut slices – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Lemon – ½ slice
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Fennel powder – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – 1 ort 2 tsp
- Oil – 4 or 5 tbsp
- Firstly we have to cut ,clean and wash ,drain set aside.
- Heat a pan add red chilli powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder saute well and set
- Take a pan add cleaned chicken pieces ,sauted red chilli and coriander powder
mix,salt,garam masala,fennel powder ,coconut slices and curry leaves mix well.
- Then add some turmeric powder ,lemon juice and sprinkle some water and combine them
well and marinated for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add shallots and onion saute them well.
- Add green chilli , chopped ginger and garlic ,mix them well.
- Then add some curry leaves ,marinated chicken pieces and water mix them well
- Add some water ,combine them well and cover and cook till the chicken become well
- Pour some oil sauté till the curry dries up .
- Remove from fire and set a side.
- Serve the delicious chicken perattu with rice .