- Coconut oil -150 ml
- Mustard seed-11/2 tsp
- Coconut small pieces-1/2 piece of coconut
- Shallot small and big -1big 8 or 10 small
- Green chilli-2or 3
- Garlic -6 or 7 pieces
- Ginger- small pieces
- Curry leaves-1 or 2 spig
- Turmeric powder- ½ spoon
- Pepper powder-1 spoon
- Red chilli powder-2 or 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 or 2 spoons
- Garam masala -1 spoon
Method of preparation
- Cut and clean the chicken into medium sized pieces and coconut into thin pieces and finally chopped
onion, ginger and garlic and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan and mustard to popit,sauté coconut piece for 2 to 3 minutes till light golden brown.
- Add onion ,chilli, garlic,ginger and curry leaves.saute for 5 to 10 minute still soft and mashy and then
add turmeric and pepper again mix well all ingredients
- And finally add the chicken pieces mix that through. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 35
minutes till chicken is done.
- Then remove the lid and pour some red chilli powder , coriander powder and garam masala,then add
some water.mix well all the ingredients.
- Then boil till the gravy is up to the consistency desired,then add some salt to taste
- Remove from heat and serve it with tapioca and rice
- Grated coconut -1/2 cup
- Green chilli-2 or 3 nos
- curry leaves -3 or 4 strings
- garlic-6 or 7 pieces
- cumin seed -1/2 tsb
- salt- to taste
- Peel the tapioca and wash it though roughly to remove dirt ans sand.
- Cut into rough cubes pieces
- Cook the tapioca in a pan with enough water to cover with lid until the pieces are soft then
drain the remaining water are discard
- Crush gratted coconut,green chilli,garlic,cumin seed ,curry leaves,turmeric powder and salt to
- Add the cooked tapioca into the crushed spices,
- Mix well and continue to stir until the spices coat the tapioca
- To ensure all spices are to your taste and remove from heat and serve it with chicken curry.