- Mustard- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves-2 spig
- Onion-1 big
- Bitter gourd-2 big
- Green chilli-4or 5 nos
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Ginger-1 small piece
- Salt to taste
- Wash the bitter gourd and slice it open. Discard the seed and pith. slice the bitter gourd into
small thin pieces and sliced the onion, ginger and green chilli and keep it in a side.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seed .Add onion ,curry leaves and bitter gourd and
sauté for a few minutes and cover with lid and cook for some minutes.
- Next we add the grated coconut and salt to taste and mix everything together.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame, stirring occasionally and cover with a lid.
- After 5 to 10 minutes ,the bitter gourd will be cooked .remove the lid and stir well and finally
remove from heat and serve hot with rice.
Leave a Reply