*Chicken – 1 kg.
*Turmeric powder – 3 teaspoons.
*Chili powder – 5 teapoons.
*Pepper powder – 3 teaspoons.
*Garam masala powder – 3 teaspoons.
*Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons.
*Crushed Ginger – 3 Teaspoons.
*Crushed garlic – 3 Tablespoons.
*Thinly sliced onion – 3 nos.
*Cut shallots – 20nos.
*Tomato – 3 nos.
*Coconut oil – as required.
*Curry leaves – 2 stems.
*Salt to taste.
*Coconut milk – 1 cup.
How to prepare
1. Cut and clean the chicken. Marinate the chicken well with the powdered spices in the mentioned proportion 2 teaspoons turmeric, 3 teaspoons chili, 2 teaspoons pepper, 2 teaspoons garam masala, 2 teaspoons each of ginger and garlic, and salt to taste.
2. Keep a thick bottom pan/ uruli on the stove. Once the pan is hot add 3 tablespoons of oil add shallots and curry leaves, stir fry. Shallots when half done add the onions. Stir fry till the onions turn translucent and start getting the brown color. Add tomatoes to the pan and let it cook.
3. To the above add 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon chili, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon each of ginger and garlic, and salt to taste and combine well.
4. Once the raw smell of the masala settles add the marinated chicken and mix well. Close the pan and cook.
5. Add the coconut milk to the well-cooked chicken. Make sure the flame is in simmer. Once the gravy starts to boil turn off the stove.
6. Add a stem of curry leaves and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Cover the pan and keep it aside for some time so the smell gets infused.
Tasty Kerala style chicken roast is ready!