- Rice -1kg
- Urad dal-1/2 cup
- Fenugreek-2 tsp
- Rice flakes-1 cup
- Potato-1/2 kg
- Onion-3 or 4 nos
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Ginger-1 medium
- Garlic 6 or 7 petals
- Mustard seed -1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed -1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 3 nos
- Toor dal-2 tsp
- Curry leaves-3 sprig
- Chilli power -1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Water-for cooking
- Salt –to taste
- Oil-for cooking
- Take a large bowl add rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds.
- Rinse everything and soak in around 5 cups water for 5 to 6 hours
- Soak rice flakes in 1/2 cup water 20 to 30 minutes before grinding
- Drain water from the soked ingredents and grind well
- Then we boiled the potato ,and peel offt the skin and crush well
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed and cumin seed and dry red
chilli ,mix well
- Then we add toor dal,curry leaves crushed ginger garlic and onion,
- Again we add smashed potato ,chilli powder ,black pepper
powder,turmeric ,powder and water ,mix well and cooked for some
- Heat a flat non-stick pan. The pan should be medium hot. Keep
the flame to a low, while spreading batter.
- Spread the batter in a circular way on the pan.
- On a medium flame, cook the dosa.
- Cook the dosa till its base becomes golden and crisp.Then we
place a portion of the potato masala on the dosa.
- Now fold the dosa and keep in side
- Serve the dosa with chudney ,enjoy the tasty food