- Gooseberry – 1 kg
- Shallots- 10 to 15 nos
- Green chilli – 4 or 5 nos
- Dry red chilli – 4 or 5 nos
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Curry leaves – 3 sprig
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seed – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Water – for cooking
- First we wash and clean the goose berry.
- Then we remove seeds and cut into small pieces .
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed When they splutter ,add fenugreek seed and fry for some
minutes until brown.
- Then we add shallots, green chilli ,dry red chilli, chopped ginger and curry leaves, saute well
for some minutes.
- Again we add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt and combine well.
- Now we add chopped gooseberry and water into the pan ,cover and cook for 10 to 12
- Then we grind the grated coconut into smooth paste and keep a side.
- Then add the grated coconut paste and little amount of water in to the pan and mix well
,cook for some minutes
- Turn off the flame and keep a side.
- Serve and enjoy the kerala style gooseberry curry with meals.
Leave a Reply