- Tender jackfruit -1/2 kg
- Shallots-8 or 9 nos
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Ginger -1 medium
- Garlic-6 or 7 nos
- Tomato -1
- Curry leaves-3 sprigs
- Meat masala-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 ½ tbsp.
- Chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tbsp
- Salt –to taste
- Oil-for cooking
- First we remove outer thorny green skin and cut the raw jack fruit into half and later
into medium size long pieces then wash and keep a side
- Then we add tender jackfruit ,salt ,turmeric powder and water in a pan, then cover and
- Ones the tender jackfruit is well cooked ,remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cooked tender jackfruit and fry it well and keep aside
- Again we use same pan and add some oil, shallots, green chilli, ginger, garlic
,chopped onion and curry leaves, saute well for some minutes.
- Then we add curry powders like meat masala, coriander powder,red chilli powder,
turmeric powder and salt mix well and saute for some minutes.
- Again we add chopped tomatoes saute well till tomatoes become soften.
- Finally we add fried tender jackfruit and some salt, saute and cook for some minutes.
- Remove from fire and keep a side.
- Serve and enjoy kerala style tender jackfruit curry with meals.