- Rice powder-1 kg
- Jaggery -250 grm
- Grated coconut – 1 cup full
- Cardamom-5 or 6 pods
- Cashew nut -2 tbsp
- Raisins -2 tbsp
- Ghee-3 tbsp
- First we boil jaggery and water in a mud pot. Boil well and Strain ,keep a side.
- In a bowl, add grated coconut and water ,mix well and strain ,we get thick coconut
milk ,keep aside.
- Then we crush the cardamom and keep a side
- Take a large bowl and mix it well with rice powder, jaggery and coconut milk and set
- Heat ghee in a pan ,while the ghee is hot ,add cashew nut and fry it well, and set aside
- Then we use same pan or frying raisins and set aside.
- Again we heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add the mix of rice flour, jaggery and
coconut milk stir it well and cook till it thickens.
- Add cahewnut and raisins mix it well.
- Remove from fire and pour it into greased pan and spread evenly,then add some
cashewnut and raisins in the top of the orappam.
- After cooling, it can be cut into slices.
- Serve and enjoy the traditional snack recipe orappam
Leave a Reply