- Jackfruit – 1 cup
- Green chilli- 3 nos
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Cumin seed -1 tsp
- Garlic-4 or 5 pods
- Curry leaves-4 sprigs
- Shallots-4 or 5 nos
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Dry red chilli -2 nos
- Mustard seed -1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil-for frying
- To making this recipe first we cut the outer cover of the jackfruit ,next we cut it into
half and removes the middle portion and then cut it into small pieces and keep a side
- Then we grind green chilli, grated coconut, turmeric, cumin seed and garlic into fine
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,allow them to crackle.
- Then we add dry red chilli, shallotsand curry leaves saute well till they colour change
into light brown.
- Again we add jackfruit rags and grinded paste of coconut , green chilli etc..mix ,and
stir it well
- Now we add some water and salt to taste ,stir well cover and cook well for 5 to 6
- Then the jackfruit rags is ready remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy Kerala style jackfruit rags recipe with meals.