- Beef – 2kg
- Basmati rice-1 kg
- Onion-3 nos
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Ginger-1 medium
- Garlic-7 or 8 nos
- Curd-1 cup
- Lime-1/2 piece
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 tbsp
- Garam masala- ½ tbsp
- Cashew nut-250 grm
- Raisins-250 grm
- Coriander leaf – small amount
- Mint leaves-small amount
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for frying
- Salt to taste
- First we cut and rinse the beef pieces thoroughly and drain well ,keep a side.
- Then we grind green chilli,ginger and garlic into fine paste and keep a side.
- Take a large pan add beef pieces,salt,grind paste ,turmeric powder, pepper powder,
garam masala ,coriander leaf and mind leaves, mix well and cover and cook for 10 to
20 minutes .
- Then we wash and soak the basmati rice for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After soaking then drain the excess water and keep a side.
- Heat oil and 1 tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottom pan .
- Add chopped onion and fry till golden and crispy,strain and set a side.
- Again we add cashew nut and raisin in the same oil,fry till the colour change into light
brown ,set a side
- Then we use the same oil for preparing the basmati rice cooking
- Firstly we add spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves saute well
- Then we add basmati and saute well .
- Add water and salt mix well and cover and cook till the rice is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan add onion ,grinded paste and chopped tomato saute for some
- Then we add coriander leaves and mind leaves.
- Again we add masalas like garam masala ,pepper powder and salt mix well
- Add curd and half lemon juice mix well .
- Now we add cooked beef ,mix well and cook for some minutes.
- Then we layer a pan with alternating layers of rice and the beef
- Add fried onions, cashews and raisins at every layer.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves,and 1 tsp ghee in the top of the biriyani..
- Remove from fire and serve and enjoy village style beef biriyani .
Leave a Reply