- Egg-8 or 9
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Shallots-10 or 12 nos
- Ginger-1 medium
- Garlic-6 or 7
- Fennal seed-1 tsp
- Cumin seed-1 tsp
- Tamarind –small piece
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Turmericpowder-1/2 tsp
- Green chilli-4 or 5
- Curry leaves-3 sprigs
- Pepper seed-1 tsp
- Mustardseed -1 tsp
- Dry red chilli-4 or 5
- Salt-to taste
- Oil for frying
- First we boiled and deshell the eggs.
- Then we make the masala for egg theeyal curry. Add coconut, shallot, ginger, garlic,
fennal seed, cumin seed, tamarind, pepper seed and curry leaves into a heavy
- bottomed pan and dry roast till the coconut turns dark brown.
- Then reduce the flame and add turmeric, red chillipowder and coriander powder. Let
it cook for 1 more minute.
- Then we grind the coconut mixture into fine paste and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan add shallots,green chilli, curry leaves and salt saute well.
- Then we add grinded paste and water mix well and add boiled egg
- Take oil in another pan add mustard seed ,shallots dry red chilli and curry leaves
saute well till they turns golden brown.
- Again we add the shallot fry mixture into the egg theeyal pan and mix well
- Turn off the pan and serve the kerala style kaada mutta theeyal.
- Enjoy the taste..
Leave a Reply