- Wheat flour-2 cup
- Greated jaggery -1 cup
- Greated coconut – 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Cumin seed -1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Firstly , we have to crush cardamom and cumin ,set aside.
- Take a bowl add grated jaggery and coconut mix them well ,keep aside.
- Take a bowl add wheat flour , salt andcardamomcumin powder ,mix them well.
- Pour the water little by little to the wheat flour, mix well thoroughly until to a smooth dough.
- Then take a piece of banana leaf and Place lemon size dough in the center of the leaf, flatten
it with finger.
- Then add some jaggery and coconut mix in to centre of the dough and spread the filling on it
- Fold the banana leaf in half,set aside.
- Heat a pan and place the ottada , and add some water weight bowl on the top cook both the
- When, the colour changes to light golden brown, remove it from flame.
- Serve the healthy ottada with tea.