- Chicken-1 kg
- Basmati rice-2 kg
- Onion- 3 nos
- Tomato-2 nos
- Coriander leaves-small amount
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Ginger-1 nos
- Garlic-5 to 6 nos
- Lemon juice-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder-11/2 tbsp
- Garam masala- 1 tbsp
- Raisins -250 grms
- Cashewnut-250 grm
- Bay leaves -1 nos
- Cinnamon -1 nos
- Cloves-3 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Oil-4 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- First we cut and clean the chicken and keep a side.
- Then we grind green chilli, ginger ,garlic into fine paste and keep aside.
- Take a large bowl add chicken pieces, salt ,garam masala, turmeric powder, lemon
juice and 2 or 3 tsp of grinded paste of green chilli mix paste and mix it well and
marinated for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Then we wash and clean the basmati rice and soak for 5 to 10 minutes
- Heat ghee in a pan and add raisins and fry it well and set a side
- Then we add cashew nut and saute well till the colour changes into light brown.
- Again we fry chopped onion and set aside
- Now we heat oil in a heavy bottam pan add chopped onion and salt saute well
- Then we add crushed greenchilli and ginger garlic paste mix it well
- Now we add tomatoes and saute till they become soften.
- Add marinated chicken ,coriander leaves and fried onion mix,cover and cook for10 to
- Then we heat ghee in a pot add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom etc and saute
- Then we add soaked basmati rice ,cover and cook well.
- Heat ghee in a pan add half cooked chicken curry and put the basmati rice on top.
- Again on top we add fried onion coriander leaves, fried cashew nut, raisins ,boiled
water and salt .
- Then heat a banana leaf ,tie it on top of the biriyani pot and cook for 8 to 9 minutes.
- When the biryani is cooked ,remove the banana leaf from the top and mix everything
- Remove from heat and keep aside
- Serve and enjoy kerala style pot chicken biriyani recipe ..