- Jackfruit -1 kg
- Onion- 2 nos
- Shallots – 6 or 7 nos
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Coconut slices -1/2 cup
- Garlic- 6 or 7 nos
- Curry leaves -2 sprigs
- Dry red chilli -5 or 6 nos
- Black pepper seed – 1 or 2 tsp
- Coriander seed -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Mustard seed -1 tsp
- Salt -1 or 2 tsp
- Oil -2 or 3 tbsp
- Firstly remove outer thorny green skin and cut it into half and chopped the jackfruit ,keep a side.
- Heat a pan add dry red chilli,grated coconut and garlic saute them well.
- Then add few drops of coconut oil ,coriander seed,turmeric powderand black pepper seed ,mixthem well till
they become golden brown ,seta side.
- Take apan add onion,shallots,chopped tender coconut,coconut slices and water , cover an cook them well.
- Then grinded the roasted ingredients like grated coconut and others into fine paste and transfer into a bowl and
add some water and set aside.
- Add some salt into the curry pan andmixthem well.
- Then add the grinded mixture into the tender jackfruit pan andmix them well.
- Pour some amount of water and salt into the curry pan and cook them well.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Heat coil in a pan add mustard seed ,let them spluttered.
- Add dry redchilli , shallots and curry leaves fry them well.
- Pour the fried mixture into the tender jackfruit pan and mix them well.
- Serve the kerala tender jackfruit curry with meals
Leave a Reply