- Jackfruit – 1kg
- Shallots – 7 or 8 nos
- Green chilli-3 nos
- Garlic – 5 or 67 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 or 3 sprigs
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 3 or 4 nos
- cumin seed – 1 tsp
- mustard seed -1 tsp
- salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- oil -2or 3 tbsp
- Firstly remove outer thorny green skin of jack fruit and cut it into half .
- And remove the seed and chopped the jackfruit ,keep a side.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add some seed and chopped jackfruit.
- Add some water ,cover andcook them well.
- Then remove the lid and add some salt,cook for some times.
- Then grind green chilli,garlic, cumin seed ,grated coconut ,turmeric powder and curry leaves into smooth
- Now we have to smash the cooked jackfruit with spatula .
- Then add grinded coconut paste and water mix them well and cook for few minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed, let crackled .
- Add dry red chilli ,chopped shallots,curryleaves and grated coconut ,fry them well till they become golden
- Pour the fried ingredients into the jackfruit erissery pan and mix them well.
- Serve the kerala traditional jack fruit erissery with meals.
- Enjoy the healthy meals.
Leave a Reply