- Raw banana – 5 nos
- Elephant yam – small piece
- Green chilli – 3 nos
- Garlic – 5 or 6 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Curd – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 4 sprigs
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 or 2 tsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Firstly , we have to cut and wash the raw bananas and yam into small pieces.
- Heat a pan add raw banana , yam ,water ,salt and turmeric powder .cover and cook well.
- Add pepper powder ,green chilli and curry leaves ,allow it to cook till the vegetables are soft
- Then we have to grind green chilli ,cumin seed , garlic and coconut into smooth paste ,set
- Then the vegetables are fully cooked add grinded coconut paste ,curd and salt ,stir well and
when the curry started to boil .switch off the flame .
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seed ,when they started to sputter .
- Add dry red chilli and curry leaves ,sauted for few seconds and then remove the seasoned
ingredients and pour it to the kalan curry pan mix well.
- Now the yummy tasty kalan curry is ready to serve …
Leave a Reply