- Pegeon pea – 2 cup
- Shallots- 7 or 8 nos
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Dry red chilli – 3 nos
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Firstly , wash and cleaned the pigeon pea and set aside.
- Cook the fresh pigeon peas with sufficient quantity of water and sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Then crush the green chilli, grated coconut, turmeric powder .,garlic ,cumin seed and curry
leaves ,keep aside .
- Then drain excess water to the cooked pegeon pea pan .
- Now add crushed grated coconut masala into the pegeon pea pan , mix them well and cook
for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Heat oil in apan add mustard seed Once they splutter
- Add dry red chill,shallots and curry leaves ,saute and fry them well.
- Then pour the fried mixture into the cooked pegeon pea pan and mix them well.
- Serve the healty pegeon pea stir fry with meals