- Rice flakes – 3 cups
- Jaggery – 2 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 ½ cup
- Coconut pieces – 1 cup
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 4 to 5 nos
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Cashew nut – 15 to 17 nos
- Raisins – 13 to 14 nos
- Ghee – 5 to 6 tbsp
- Firstly we have to boil 1 1/2 cup water and add jaggery to it ,heat until dissolve them well and set
- Take a bowl add grated coconut and half cup of water and squeeze it with hands and drain we get
thick coconut milk and set aside.
- Again we add water on the grated coconut bowl squeeze it well and drain set aside ,we get thin
- Crush cardamom and set aside.
- Again we crush cumin seed and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in apan add coconut pieces saute them well.
- Then add cashew nut and raisins ,fry them well and drain ,set aside.
- Again we used the same pan for cooking rice flakes payasam.
- Then firstly we add rice flakes saute them well.
- Add jaggery water and combine them well..then add thin coconut milk mix them properly and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk ,crush cardamom ,cumin powder and dry ginger powder mix them and cook
- Finally add fried coconut pieces,cashew nut and raisins mix them well .
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty payasam.
Leave a Reply