- Chicken -1kg
- Dry red chilli- 6 or 7
- Coriander seed-1 tbsp
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon-1 med
- Cardamom-2 pods
- Bay leaf – 1
- Fennal seed-1 tbsp
- Ginger -1 medium
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Onion- 2 medium
- Curry leaf – 2 sprigs
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First we cut and clean the chicken and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add dry red chilli ,coriander seed,pepper saute well,and grind into
- Then we grind fennel seed ,cardamom,cinnamon into fine paste ,keep a bowl.
- Again we grind ginger and ginger into fine paste ,keep a side.
- Now we heat oil in a pan add fennel seed,bay leaves ,onion and salt saute well and
they turns golden brown.
- Add curry leaves,crushed ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder ,saute well .
- Now we add chicken pieces , water and salt ,mix well and cover and cook 10 to 12
- Add grinded paste like dry red chilli and garam masala paste ,mix well and cook for
- Turn off the flame and serve kerala style chicken fry with appam
- Enjoy the variety taste of chicken fry..