- Dal-2 tsp
- Coriander seed-1 tsp
- Pepper seed-1 tsp
- Cumin seed-1 tsp
- Garlic-9 or10 nos
- Curry leaves-4 sprig
- Mustardseed-1 tsp
- Asafoetida -1 tsp
- Dry red chilli-4 or 5
- Tomato-1 medium
- Coriander leaf
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Heat oil in pan add dal ,coriander seed,pepper ,cunin seed ,garlic and curry leaves,cook well
- Then we grinded the sauted materials into fine paste,keep a side.
- Heat oil in other pan add mustard seed , urad dal,dry red chilli,and garlic. Saute till the
mustard seeds crackle and the urad dal turns to a maroonish color. Saute on a low flame.
- Then we add asafoetida and tomato ,saute well and they turns soften
- Again we add curry leaves,turmeric powder and salt mix well.
- Add crushed powders like dal,coriander seed etc
- Add tamarind water and ,mix well
- Finally we add coriander leaves and cook for some minutes.
- Turn off the flames and serve kerala style garlic rasum with meals
- Enjoy the veluthulli rasam