- Rice flour – 1 ½ cup
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Banana leaves – 10 to 12 small pieces
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Firstly ,take a large bowl add rice flour and pinch of salt mix them well.
- Then add some water and mix them well till they become moist and set aside.
- Then we have to cut banana leaves into small pieces .
- Sprinkle some grated coconut into the banana leaves.
- Now add some dough into the mould and press the idiyappam into circle shape onto the banana
- Then heat water in a steamer and placed the idiyappam into the steamer .
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Ones it is ready remove the idiyappam into the steamer and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the idiyappam with beef stew ..
Leave a Reply