- Soya chunks – 2 cups
- Basmati rice – 1 kg
- Green chilly – 3 nos
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Onion – 3 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Curd – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – 1 hand full
- Coriander leaves – 1 hand full
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 small pieces
- Red chilli powder – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Take a large bowl add soya chunks and hot water ,soak for half an hour .
- Then we have to grind green chillies, ginger ,cardamom and cinnamon into fine paste set aside.
- Then drain the soya chunks ,add grinded paste ,coriander powder ,red chilli powder, salt and curd
mix it well. marinated for half an hour.
- Wash and soak basmati rice in warm water for ½ an hour ,drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cardamom, cinnamon and cloves .
- Add sliced onion and salt, saute for till transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they become soft .
- Add marinated soya chunks mix it well.
- Add some chopped mint and coriander leaves mix it well.
- Then add soaked rice and 2 cups of water and salt ,mix cover and cook till they rice become ready.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle some coriander and mint leaves.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy the soya chunks biriyani
Leave a Reply