- Coconut pieces – 2 cups
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Green chilli – 3 or 4 nos
- Dry red chilli – 6 or 7 nos
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- vinegar – 1/2 cup
- Asafoetida powder
- Cumin seed – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seed – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Cut the coconut into small thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add dry red chillies ,coriander seed, cumin seed ,fennel seed and fenugreek seed ,sauté well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Then grind the roasted ingredients into fine powder and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed ,let them spluttered .
- Add chopped garlic ,green chilli and curry leaves ,sauté them well .
- Add chopped coconut pieces and combine them well.
- Then cook for a while .
- Add red chilli powder and salt ,sauté them well.
- Then add asafoetida powder and crush masala powder ,combine them well.
- Then pour sufficient amount of water and stir them well.
- Then cook for 5 to 6 minutes .
- At last add vinegar mix and mix them well.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Store in an air tight jar after being cooled off thoroughly.
Leave a Reply