- Tuna fish – 1 kg
- Ginger – 1 medium
- Garlic – 6 or 7 nos
- Shallots 9 or 10 nos
- Green chilli – 3 or 4 nos
- Curry leaves- 3 sprigs
- Tomato- 2 nos
- Tamarind- 4 or 5 nos
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Fenugreek seed- 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- First we clean and cut into medium pieces and keep it in aside
- Heat oil in a pan add ginger, garlic and shallots ,saute well
- Then we add curry powders like coriander powder ,red chilli powder,turmeric powder mix
well and saute for some minutes.
- Then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Then we grind the sauted ingredients like red chilli powder ,coriander powder ,garlic ginger
etc and keep it in aside.
- Heat oil in a mud pot add mustard seed and fenugreek seed ,let sizzle .
- Then we add chopped ginger ,chopped garlic ,shallots ,green chilli and curry leaves saute
well for some minutes.
- Then we mix the grinded smooth paste with some water and add it into the pan mix them
- Again we add chopped tomatoes ,tamarind and salt mix well and cover and cook for 5 to 6
- Now we add tuna fish ,cover and cook for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Finally we add one teaspoon of oil and few curry leaves.
- Turn off the flame and keep it in aside
- Serve and enjoy the tasty kerala style fish curry .