- Maida-1 kg
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1tbsp
- Egg- 1 nos
- Crushed cardamom – 4 or 5 nos
- Sugar -2 or 3 tbsp
- Cashewnut-250 grm
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- First we take a large bowl ,add maida ,salt ,turmeric powder and egg mix it well.
- Then we add little by little amount of water and make a smooth batter ,the batter
should not too thick or thin ,keep aside.
- Then we crush the cardamom into fine powder ,and transfer into a small bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan add cashewnut and saute well.
- Then we add grated coconut ,sugar and cardamom saute for some minutes and remove
from fire ,keep aside. Now the filling is ready.
- Heat a frying pan and grease with ghee then pour a spoon full of batter in the centre,
and spread it to form a thin dosa, .keep medium flame.
- When it is cook well ,remove it into a plate and place a spoon full of roasted coconut
filling on one end of the dosa (pan cake)and roll it.
- Serve and enjoy the kerala nostalgic recipe Elanchi..
Leave a Reply