- Chicken – 1 kg
- Ginger-1 nos
- Garlic – 7 to 8 nos
- Onion – 2 nos
- Shallots – 2o to 22 nos
- Curry leaves – 3 to 4 sprigs
- Coconut pieces – ½ cup
- Red chilli powder- 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 3 or 4 tbsp
- Firstly cut ,clean and wash ,then set aside.
- Then we have to crush ginger ,garlic and green chilli ,keep aside.
- Again we crush some shallots approximately 10 to 12 nos,keep a side.
- Heat a pan add red chilli powder and coriander powder saute for some minutes and set aside.
- Take a bowl add crush shallots,crush ginger garlic ,green chilli paste,turmeric powder,sauted red
chilli and coriander powder ,oil and curry leaves mix then well.
- Then take a wide bowl add chicken pieces , masala mix like crush shallots, sauted red chilli powder
and coriander powder etc and salt .mix them well and marinated for half an hour.
- Heat oil in apan add chopped onion and saute for some minutes .
- Then add marinated chicken pieces mix them well ,cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Now add some water and combine them well .
- Cover and cook till the chicken become soften.
- Ones the chicken is ready add coconut pieces,garam masala and pepper powder ,cook for some
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small pan add chopped shallots and curry leaves ,fry them well .
- Then pour the mixture into the chicken curry pan mix them well.
- Serve and enjoy the tasty curry with appam .