- Chickpea- 2 cup
- Grated coconut-1cup
- Coconut slice s-1/2 cup
- Onion -2nos
- Ginger-1 big
- Garlic-7to8 nos
- Green chilli-2nos
- Tomato-1 nos
- Potato -2medium
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder-1 ½ tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Fennel powder -1tbsp
- Dry red chilli-3nos
- Curry leaves-3 sprigs
- Salt – 1 or 2tsp
- Oil 1 or 2 tbsp
- Take a bowl add grated coconut and squeeze them well ,drain thick coconut milk and set aside.
- Again add some water into the squeeze grated coconut bowl mix them well and drain thin coconut milk
set a side .
- Then wash and soak chickpea ,set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion saute them well.
- Then add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli,saute for 5to 6 minutes.
- Now add some tasty curry powders like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and
fennel powder ,saute for some minutes.
- Add chopped Tomato ,saute till they become softened.
- Add soaked chickpea and coconut slices, mix them well .
- Again add chopped potato,curry leaves and thin coconut milk ,then mix ,cover and cook till the chickpea
- Add thick coconut milk and combine them well ,cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add Mustard Seed, let them crackle.
- Add dry red chilli and curry leaves ,saute and fry them well.
- Pour the fried mixture in to chickpea curry pan and mix it well.
- Serve the tasty chickpea curry with appam.