- Rice – 4 cups
- Coconut -1
- Cardamom – 6
- jaggery- 1 kg
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Chukku/ dried ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- wash the rice and roast it well. Add cardamom to it.
- roast shredded coconut too.
- prepare jaggery solution.
- make a powder of the roasted rice from an uruli and keep aside some powder from it.
- make a powder of cumin and roasted coconut too.
- place uruli on the stove. Pour the strained jaggery solution to this ( keep aside some solution for last). Add the powdered rice to the solution when its boiled well. Along with that add coconut powder and dried ginger powder. Stir them well. Pour jaggery solution to this. Make rice balls mixed in the rice powder while each ball is getting ready.
- Delicious ariyunda/ rice balls is ready